Here’s a deceptively challenging exercise, which will both lengthen and tone your psoas.
- Stability is key in this exercise.
- Practice reaching a single leg long
- Keep the leg as high as your hip, or higher.
- Try to access your deep glute muscles to hold the leg in the lengthened position instead of tipping the pelvis.
- Find work from the inner thighs by properly positioning your body’s weight over the stabilizing knee.
- Keep your body weight on the center of the stabilizing (non-moving) knee.
- Resting on the outer border of that knee will be more available AT FIRST, but your outer hip will quickly start to burn and become exhausted.
Challenge your body, but do not continue working if you have lost your form! Take a short rest and come back to it.